What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
LarryOz said:
I hate stoppingtoo
Too many traffic lights around here. I always have my speedo set to show the average speed. All that effort and breathlessness and it creeps up and then decreases again.

Anyway, you don't stop, you just get off the bike.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
All new cables and housing for the Vendetta in preparation for this weekends 24hr Worlds race. New electrical tape on the bars to keep things clean. Also added magnetic mounting to my frame pump for easy access. Swapped the Enve wheels with 28mm tires onto the V and I'll keep the ACE wheels with 25mm tires on hand as spares. Also freshened up the tire sealant late last week to keep it effective. Removed both the below my back water bottle cages so I'll only be running the two behind the headrest and aero bottle on the boom. Last thing I need to do is make a new headrest because this one is starting to bend and I don't want a repeat of what happened during the Mulholand race earlier this year.
IMG_7487.JPG IMG_7481.JPG IMG_7482.JPG IMG_7483.JPG IMG_7484.JPG IMG_7485.JPG IMG_7486.JPG

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Why a pump and not a CO2 cartridge?

Because co2 are very limited and a pump will never run out of air. I carry both co2 if I think the tubeless will seal the hole or if I'm not in a hurry and the pump for when things go FUBAR.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Any sign the pump might jump off. I know neodymium magnets are strong but still. Not that it takes me long to unloop two cut up tubes.
From what I have heard about the road surface at Borrego Springs, if the pump stays on there it will stay on anywhere!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
The was solid the whole race so no worries about it falling off before I do. I did however need to add a little piece of tape to keep the handle from extending out due to road vibration.

Today I swapped the ACE wheels back onto the V and mounted it to the Neo for some light indoor gaming/spinning. I also finally fixed my steering stabilizer spring which had been out of commission since the Texas race. It is now again a pleasure to push the V around with one hand :D

PeteClark

always easy to push the V with one hand, just so the hand is on the boom and not the seat. note that i'm only a "parking coach", certainly not qualified to comment on superhuman performance beyond 4 hours (or less for that matter)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I have no problem pushing my Silvio. Hand on boom, just in front of the steering axis. With both hands on the bars, one hand squeezing the front brake, I can pivot it about the front wheel. I, too, am better at being a parking coach than I am at dropping TT blokes.

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Spring stabilizer should be standard, and the contrarians can write their treatises on how much better it is to flop about. :D

Bill K

Guru
Tacx Neo hack:
If you are using a Neo trainer and a Cruzbike with disk brakes, the disk brake caliper contacts the Neo housing so you have to unbolt the caliper each time you want to attach the bike.

You can swap the short and long legs on the Neo to fix this.

Here is the Neo with the cover removed:
Neo Before.jpg

To swap the short and long legs, carefully push out the pivot pin on each leg. Make sure there is no weight on the leg when you do this.
Then swap the legs and push the pivot pin back in. It can be tricky to re-insert the pin. Squeezing the latch removes spring tension and makes it easier.
Pushing the pivot pin back into place may also be done using a rubber mallet (the preferred solution?).
Neo Leg.jpg

Re-install the plastic covers (all 30-something screws) and you are done. No more unbolting the caliper to put it on the trainer.
Neo After.jpg

Attachments

• Neo Before.jpg
    Neo Before.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 20

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
If you unbolt the caliper bracket instead of the caliper you won't need to recenter the caliper on the rotor each time. I'd like to see your bike mounted with the legs swapped as I can't picture where the caliper would sit afterwards without looking at my bike mounted.

Bill K

Guru
If you unbolt the caliper bracket instead of the caliper you won't need to recenter the caliper on the rotor each time. I'd like to see your bike mounted with the legs swapped as I can't picture where the caliper would sit afterwards without looking at my bike mounted.
Yes, unbolting the bracket is better (that is what I used to do, bike mechanic I am not).
Here is the V on the modified Neo:
Neo+V20.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I'm looking at mine now and wondering if my hydro sram caliper would clear even with the legs swapped. That would be a lot of work to find out it still doesn't clear.

What's you axle height now with the legs swapped? Stock is 14-3/8" or 365mm high

Bill K

Guru
I'm looking at mine now and wondering if my hydro sram caliper would clear even with the legs swapped. That would be a lot of work to find out it still doesn't clear.

What's you axle height now with the legs swapped? Stock is 14-3/8" or 365mm high
Axle height is 12 1/2 inches with the legs swapped.

Swapping the legs basically just rotates the drive ccw, say 30 degrees or so.
If you put an 8" stack of books under the front of an unmodified Neo that should be about the same, and you can see if your caliper fits.
I just put my T50 on the Neo. It has HY/RD calipers which are pretty beefy. It fits, but just barely. The caliper clears but the brake cable attachment clamp touches the Neo.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Axle height is 12 1/2 inches with the legs swapped.

Swapping the legs basically just rotates the drive ccw, say 30 degrees or so.
If you put an 8" stack of books under the front of an unmodified Neo that should be about the same, and you can see if your caliper fits.
I just put my T50 on the Neo. It has HY/RD calipers which are pretty beefy. It fits, but just barely. The caliper clears but the brake cable attachment clamp touches the Neo.

You're are so smart