What I did to prepare for Sebring 2017 ---today

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Can we get registration today or do we have to wait for tomorrow? If we can I will get ready and come down ? Guess one of the tribe might know? No worries... Just read the schedule

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
So I'm looking around and I don't see any links for live results at Sebring? do they not support live timing at this race?

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Kristy Halvorsen has a Facebook post of one of her videos at the Frostproof turn around for the lead pack coming up to the poker chip barrel. I also shared her post on my Facebook page.

It looks like Larry might have been in too high of a gear starting back up after dropping his chip off and was wobbling and bumped into Jim but I can't tell for sure from the video.

Sounded like Larry and looked like his bike and he yelled out, "Sorry Jim" and the other guy looked like Jim.

LMT

12 hour results look good, great to see so many CB peeps doing well. With no-one going home without doing a double ton and Jim winning the century?

I'm awe struck by Maria in the RAAM 24hr race, on her own in that category and as far as I can tell at this time only the top RAAM guy has done more miles than her - chapeau.:cruzbike::cool:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Gosh I can't believe I came forth. That was one heck of an experience. Thank you for all those that were on the road side giving me a cheer ... From the bottom of my heart I can't tell you how rewarding that was.
Gracias to Cruzbike and everyone; really enjoyed the experience.

Highlights: Fighting with my bite valve and getting it working one minute before the start.
Somebody riding an Encore saying I was slow enough to eat an ice cream... And he was so fast he missed the turning.
Chain coming off as I was just running one chain ring without a guide.
Having to stop at a railway crossing as an express train rushes thru.
Not trusting my wahoo elemnt and trying to follow different people and going off track. All must have all contributed in slowing me down.
Getting a medal for coming forth ... Nice gesture. It means a lot to me.

Last edited:

Tigerpaw

A comedy of errors.

Well, taking my not great training this winter and the crazy things that happened, I managed a 3rd place in my age group with only 202.6 miles. LOL.

It all started a mile after the turn around at Frost Proof. Really sucked as my average was a tick over 20mph, good for me. The back felt squishy, so pulled over in a driveway and sure enough... once again my pro one tubeless and sealant failed to seal the leak. I tried to spin the punture down and all the goo just kept flowing. So, pulled out the trusty tube and went to pull the valve, what? This valve didnt come out. Fortunately, my buddy pull over and gave me one of his. Welp, pulled the valve, put one of my extenders (90mm flo rims) an loaded the tube, fired the co2 and would work. Not enough grip, soo, out with that tube and put a second extender on. Yea, that took! I'll have to see the data tomorrow to see the time loss. Felt like 20-30 minutes.

so, on the road again. I got to pass many of the ones that went by, so I had that going for me. Made it back to the track with 6h and some change left to go. After the first 11 mile loop, Imgot the worst case of hot feet I've ever had. I made a few more 11 mile loops and had finally had to stop, take off my shoes and just walk around for 15-20 minutes. I had just enough time to get one more 11 mile loop and 2 laps on the track.

short and sweet, but I'm beat... so, just over look grammar, etc. LOL

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
7 Sarah Cooper RAAM F4549 17:27:43 (370.1)
48 Fabio Silvestri RAAM M4044 17:28:49 (366.3)
36 Maria Parker RAAM RF5054 17:18:28 (358.8)
37 Jean-Luc Perez RAAM M4549 17:24:39 (358.8)

Seems to be a great battle going on between the top two women and the top two men in the 24hr.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Gosh I can't believe I came forth. That was one heck of an experience. Thank you for all those that were on the road side giving me a cheer ... From the bottom of my heart I can't tell you how rewarding that was.
Gracias to Cruzbike and everyone; really enjoyed the experience.

Highlights: Fighting with my bite valve and getting it working one minute before the start.
Somebody riding an Encore saying I was slow enough to eat an ice cream... And he was so fast he missed the turning.
Chain coming off as I was just running one chain ring without a guide.
Having to stop at a railway crossing as an express train rushes thru.
Not trusting my wahoo elemnt and trying to follow different people and going off track. All must have all contributed in slowing me down.
Getting a medal for coming forth ... Nice gesture. It means a lot to me.

An experience and memory forever dear to you no doubt. Thanks for sharing David

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Should have lots of good stuff to write up and report on; but at this point still clawing my way back up the map to Minneapolis trying to catch up on my sleep one wayside at a time.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ratz drive safely, and rest every hour, especially if they is no passenger to keep you alert!!!

Its good to see that you let The Boss cross the finish line 1 second in front of you!