Zwift - Cruzbike Activities (races and group rides)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Did you feel the ground rumble? no that wasn't your neo riding in Zwift on cobbles. That was the sound of Larry reactivating his zwift account.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
db62486280070888a475c755368e23ff6d99673cfe5bff1d98204be3ecd77f72.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
OK - I've got my weight down to 55KG now, and my FTP to about 260'sh, so I'll start out with some cat4 races and see where I go from there! :eek::D:D:D:D
See you on "The Island" - Look for "George of the Jungle".
Of course I ride when most of you sleep, so maybe only Ratz will run into me (since he never sleeps!)

oh-yes-he-did.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Well, your ftp 122 into wt/kg 55 puts you at 2.2 and the D category. OTOH 260 into 55 puts you at 4.72 and A cat. Thats almost Zada territory. You might as well submit your zada data in advance. Come on in the discord channel. This is your current data in zwift power.

Those numbers exceed mine by a fair margin. Maybe now Henry can stop pestering me to race those online money cups and focus on peer pressuring Larry.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Keep in mind his official zwift power records list a 122 ftp. Meanwhile the pestering has been about as effective as getting Baylor to stop lecturing on the design flaws of a round wheel. I need another form of attack. He's too smart to be suckered onto discord. Any ideas?

:lol that epic burn right there.

Larry is just not racer enough to go head to head with the likes of Casey Schrum and myself in zwift, that's why he always "has to train" everyday :p

I want so bad to get out on my bike and ride with my noon riders or even enter a zwift race but I feel like if I try and release my honest effort I'll hurt myself. It's super rear for me to have the desire to get on my bike and just lay down as my effort as possible just for the of doing so. I think I'm suffering from endorphin withdrawals with me only riding super easy and really not much at all. The good news is my leg feels much better today so I think it's healing with the rest.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Those top guys in that race are all the fast guys I used to always battle with or more correctly try and hang onto.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Would Zwift be a good place for Team Cruzbike AND Team Schlitter to train together to beat all the DF riders, and see what tactics will work to break clear of the DF near the start of a race, then practice rotating the lead rider, and slowly pulling away from the DF riders!!!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Would Zwift be a good place for Team Cruzbike AND Team Schlitter to train together to beat all the DF riders, and see what tactics will work to break clear of the DF near the start of a race, then practice rotating the lead rider, and slowly pulling away from the DF riders!!!

Yes and not quite

Any form of teamwork or collaboration between us would help for future teamwork in races, especially keeping Larry off the front for long periods of time from what I hear. I say not quite because in zwift your avatars isn't on a recumbent so aerodynamics advantages or there for lack of aren't there. Also the way drafting in a group in game is a bit different with not chance of cross wheeling and being able to ride through the pack from any position without waiting for a hole to open. With that said it's my opinion that team tactics are both easier and harder to pull off in zwift. So the easier aspects will leave some growth to be had in real life but the harder aspects will feel easy in comparison.

Harder in game
Breaking away: no aero advantage but the peloton effect is slightly stronger in game

Communication: everyone needs to take the time to dial in their setup before we can all talk to one another.

Easier in game
Communication: you can talk to your whole team no matter their position and not worry about anyone else hearing your plan.

Drafting: easier to closely draft each other with no worries about wobbly bent riders taking you out

Surprise attack: it's easier to attack off the front in game because of the 1-2 second delay in response. By the time they see your avatar get out of the saddle your already pulling away. This can be countered by watch the w/kg values on the right though.

LarryOz

Well, your ftp 122 into wt/kg 55 puts you at 2.2 and the D category. OTOH 260 into 55 puts you at 4.72 and A cat. Thats almost Zada territory. You might as well submit your zada data in advance. Come on in the discord channel. This is your current data in zwift power.
I am just pulling your legs ya'll. You have seen me - do you think I could be 55KG? More like 70kG. That puts me at about 3.7 wt/kg or something like that in my current "out of shape" November stage.
I just rode the Flat Loop TT this morning and managed 274watt average, so just about 4 wt/kg (with 177bpm) after about an 40 mins riding before hand. I need to get used to this app again after not using it for 1 year.
2017-11-21_0547552.jpg

I can hardly believe there were people averaging 4.8 wt/kg with only 155bpm heart rate!
The thing that is strange/confusing to me is how all the A,B, C,D are all mingled together. I joined as a B and started with 12 others who were in the B race, but all of a sudden everybody was together. Is that odd, or is that how all the races are? Plus you can see in this listing there is a D guy that should be an A or B guy.

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I am just pulling your legs ya'll. You have seen me - do you think I could be 55KG? More like 70kG. That puts me at about 3.7 wt/kg or something like that in my current "out of shape" November stage.
I just rode the Flat Loop TT this morning and managed 274watt average, so just about 4 wt/kg (with 177bpm) after about an 40 mins riding before hand. I need to get used to this app again after not using it for 1 year.
View attachment 5934

I can hardly believe there were people averaging 4.8 wt/kg with only 155bpm heart rate!
The thing that is strange/confusing to me is how all the A,B, C,D are all mingled together. I joined as a B and started with 12 others who were in the B race, but all of a sudden everybody was together. Is that odd, or is that how all the races are? Plus you can see in this listing there is a D guy that should be an A or B guy.

:lol well I just figured you slimmed way down to Ethiopian status or something, it appears now you game see's you as being fat enough to occupy two positions on the results ;)

For now don't worry about what other riders are registered as, just get used to drafting the the timing of the final sprint with powerup usage. Zwift keeps changing the racing program per the requests of the users database and haven't settled on a final system. This means some races it'll only be you B users and other races it'll be you B riders mixed in with everyone else. Just try and find a group and work at staying with them or pulling them along, you'll get used to it with experience. Probably took me 4-5 races to figure out what was important on screen.

LarryOz

Oh Larry! sneaking in a race without letting us know! How tacky is that? Seriously, has the tribe gone the way of BROL? Keep working on the discord brother-- you'll get it. Besides you're scaring all the others from trying.
Sorry Hardy - I did not really try and "sneak" one by you. BROL? Seriously...that is a pretty bad 4-letter word in my book :eek:
Just figured no one would care since it was 5am! I'll be sure to let you know when I do another one. (Probably tomorrow morning) I'll see what is on the schedule.

For now don't worry about what other riders are registered as, just get used to drafting the the timing of the final sprint with powerup usage. Zwift keeps changing the racing program per the requests of the users database and haven't settled on a final system.
This is the stuff that makes me "grumpy"! I think for "races" they should put everyone on the same bike with the same wheels at forget about all this power-up stuff. When I am going all out and my pulse is over 180, then last thing I want to do is have to find and push some key on my keyboard (or phone). Let power be power I say! :p

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
That's 3:20 my time which is about the time I wake up but I've got to leave for work no later then 4:20. Doesn't look like enough time

LarryOz

That's 3:20 my time which is about the time I wake up but I've got to leave for work no later then 4:20. Doesn't look like enough time
Maybe you can do it faster than 1 hour, but 1 lap today took me 15 minutes, and I doubt I can hold the same speed for 4 of them - perhaps if I learn to draft well, but I hear it is a learned skill!
It was originally scheduled for 6:05, but then all of a sudden it changed to 6:20am. Another time perhaps.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
If I recall I do the flat lap in about 12 or so mins with an A group of racers so it's normally a 50 min race. If you setup your discord maybe I'll jump in for 2-3 laps with you before bailing for work.

LarryOz

If I recall I do the flat lap in about 12 or so mins with an A group of racers so it's normally a 50 min race. If you setup your discord maybe I'll jump in for 2-3 laps with you before bailing for work.
We'll see if I can keep up or not - maybe if I can learn to draft quickly I can. I rode the TT bike today, so my 15 min was a solo effort.
I'll have discord on Jason - waiting for you. I'll probably have been logged in and riding maybe an hour or so, since I usually start around 5am.
Look forward to it!